Please visit the new Gqrx website. The information on this page is no longer updated!
Gqrx is a software defined radio receiver for Funcube Dongle (FCD), RTL2832U-based DVB-T devices (RTL-SDR), Universal Software Radio Peripherals (USRP) and Osmo SDR devices. It is powered by GNU Radio and the Qt GUI toolkit.
Gqrx is free and open source software and anyone is invited to hack the source code to suit their needs.
Gqrx 2.0 (is more or less finished and is awaiting packaging. It supports the Funcube Dongle Pro on Linux. Gqrx 2.1 is a work in progress and adds support for Funcube Dongle Pro+, RTL2832U-based DVB-T dongles, USRP, Osmo SDR and HackRF devices via the excellent gr-osmosdr package.
Currently, gqrx offers the following features:
- Automatically detect supported devices attached to the computer.
- Process I/Q data from Funcube Dongle, RTL2832U SDR, USRP, OsmoSDR and HacRF.
- Change frequency, gain and apply various corrections (frequency, I/Q balance).
- AM, SSB, FM-N and FM-W modulations.
- Variable band pass filter.
- Squelch, noise blankers and AGC.
- FFT plot and waterfall.
- Record and playback audio to WAV file.
- Spectrum analyzer mode where all signal processing is disabled.
Watch gqrx in action in these YouTube videos.
Download and install
Binary and source packages containing official releases are available from its Sourceforge project page. The latest development code can be forked from Github. Installation instructions depend on version and are included in each package.