Gqrx is a software defined radio receiver for Funcube Dongle (FCD), RTL2832U-based DVB-T devices (RTL-SDR), Universal Software Radio Peripherals (USRP) and Osmo SDR devices. It is powered by GNU Radio and the Qt GUI toolkit.
Gqrx is free and open source software and anyone is invited to hack the source code to suit their needs.
Gqrx 2.0 is more or less finished and is awaiting packaging. It supports the Funcube Dongle on Linux.
Gqrx 2.1 is a work in progress and adds support for RTL2832U-based DVB-T dongles, USRP and Osmo SDR devices via the excellent gr-osmosdr package.
Currently, gqrx offers the following features:
- Automatically detect supported devices attached to the computer
- Process I/Q data from Funcube Dongle, RTL2832U SDR, USRP and OSmo SDR
- Change frequency, gain and apply various correction (freqeuncy, I/Q blanace)
- AM, SSB, FM-N and FM-W modulations
- Variable band pass filter
- Squelch, noise blankers and AGC
- FFT plot and waterfall
- Record audio to file (playback is planned)
- Spectrum analyzer mode where all signal processing is disabled
Watch gqrx in action in these YouTube videos.
Download and install
Binary and source packages containing official releases are available from its Sourceforge project page. The latest development code can be forked from Github. Installation instructions depend on version and are included in each package.
- Design and implementation by Alexandru Csete OZ9AEC
- Many of the GUI widgets were adopted from Cutesdr by Moe Weatley
- The icons come from the GNOME, Tango and Mint-X icon themes.