I have spent quite some time lately in trying to figure out how I should implement the automatic TLE update in Gpredict. The idea is that Gpredict should be able to fetch fresh TLE data from the internet, via HTTP or FTP, and update the contents of the local file.
Phew… it seems that the new gpredict has finally made it into the debian/testing repository. Now I don’t have to worry anymore about a new debian coming out with the old gpredict
Thanks to Hamish for packaging.
I guess it had to come sooner or later: A native build of gpredict for Windows XP is now available for download. And the worst part of it all is that I have built it myself. Why do I bother, I keep asking myself…
Got a cool email few days ago telling me that gpredict 0.6 is available for Mac OS X. Both building instructions as well as ready made packages are available here from the Huntsville Mac User Group. Thanks to Marius Schamschula for doing the good work!
Well, it seems that I have finally managed to release the first official version of Gpredict that uses Gtk+ 2. It was about time since the old Gtk+/Gnome 1 version was getting impossible to maintain, and it was included in both Debian and FreeBSD.
It is now more than two months ago that I have released the last development snapshot of gpredict and it would be very appropriate to make status of what has been going on since. So here it comes.
It has been quite a while ago, since I last made any progress reports on gpredict. To tell you the truth, there I took a break for a few weaks, but I have been coding like hell during the last two weeks.
In the mean time I have done quite a lot of design work on the preferences dialog. I think I have arrived at a rather nice modular layout, whith which I will be able to present many settings without being too overwhelming.
Most of the time here in the begining of the gpredict for Gtk+ 2 development process will go with writing all sorts of small utility widgets, which can be re-used several places in the program.
I have done good progress in the devlopment of the new tracking code. Actually, I have decided to use T. S. Kelso’s tracking routines from celestrak, which have been converted from fortan77 to C by Neoklis Kyriazis.